Monday, February 15, 2010





It has been awhile since I posted as Cornelis and I bought a house 10/21/09, brought it up to code, remodeled and moved in on 1/2/10 so things have been just a bit hectic. Right before we embarked on this new adventure I had a solo show here in Asheville at Blue Spiral 1. It was the first exhibition that included all the different mediums I am currently working with. It was exciting and a turning point for me to see the textiles, ceramics, prints, pieces in wire and gut, and collages all in one exhibit and working together very well. I have worried that the work might appear disjointed due to the wide variety of medium but the vessel and voyage imagery created and held a space of their own. I am not sure where I am headed and only time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. Greetings Heather - Just discovered your work - missed the big Blue Spiral exhibit, but saw some of your work in a box on a bench at the gallery and was smitten. Just wanted to say that I love what I've seen on your website and blog and I'm looking forward to a proper viewing in the "Curiosities" exhibit. Best - Kathy Van Kleeck (Asheville)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm Greetings Heather! So glad to have met you on the beach! Thank you for sharing with a fledgling painter about creative journaling. i have brought over my paints and am heading to the beach for what i hope is the warmest part of the day, after lunch. I am amazed at all your interesting art work and hope the future will bring us together again one day!
    Thank you for sharing with me your kind wisdom... Katharine Cook (Stevens Point, Wisconsin kmcook48@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, I'm glad I found your blog. I miss so much not being in Asheville. But it was good to see you and chat at Odyssey a few weeks ago.

    From my point of view you collected works looks fantastic. The various mediums add great narrative flair!

    ReplyDelete